Thursday, June 19, 2008

July swap

Here is July's swap idea. Let me know if you are interested. I am doing a swap like this right now so I just stole the moderators words. If you have any questions please let me know.

The whole idea behind this swap is to send at least three objects (although i don't think your partner would object if you decide to send more) that are some of YOUR favorite things... maybe it's an apron you made, your favorite book, or a favorite CD. Objects can be new or vintage, bought or handmade.

An important lesson I have learned from swaps is that you don't necessarily have to spend a lot of money, in order to create a wonderful package. Take the time to put some thought into preparing your package... think about your "presentation". Some of my favorite packages may have contained simple items, but everything was wrapped individually with lots of care. It's always nice to include a note or letter explaining why you choose the items you've included as well. It is my hope that you will be creative, put lots of thought into this & most importantly have fun with it!

The best piece of advice i can offer is to remember, it is probably best to send a package that you'd be pleased to receive yourself!

Let me know by June 27th if you want to join. I will send your swap partners info by June 30th at the latest. With this swap I will want everyone to send a picture of their swap package so we can see what everyone got.

Thanks
MaryKate

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Hey you!!! I totally hate you anyhow so I don't see how my posting less often will be a huge issue! JK Hope you are doing well with your training!!! Good luck When is your event? love ya see ya bye

Adam & Jetta said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.